Regardless of a believers’ particular understanding of Halloween or the spiritual implications associated with its celebration, all Christians can take an active part through prayer. Even as some in the world use this holiday to celebrate darkness and highlight evil, believers have the opportunity to spread a different message through our prayers and praises. Here are some Scriptural truths to pray and share with others as we seek to be a light in the darkness.
Lift up praise and worship to the only true God.
“For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.” (1 Chron 16:25-26).
- Magnify the name of Jesus above all other names (Luke 10:17, Phil 2:9-11).
- Declare His Lordship in your community, region, and nation (2 Kings 19:19).
- Read psalms of praise to displace the voices of darkness (Psalm 33, 35, 65, 67).
Declare your home, community, and nation to be a habitation of God’s Presence.
“There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; He lifts His voice, the earth melts” (Psalm 46:4-6).
- Thank God for the wall of protection surrounding His people (Zechariah 2:5).
- Praise Him for the power of His Presence that disarms the enemy (Psalm 31:20).
- Declare His rule and reign over all who seek His face (Acts 17:27).
Praise God for the power of His blood to cleanse, redeem, and restore.
“You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel” (Hebrews 12:23-24).
- Declare the blood of Jesus over your life, home, community, and nation (1 Peter 1:1-2).
- Cancel any evil intent to offer blood sacrifices unto wickedness (Hebrews 10:29-31).
- Pray that the blood of Jesus would cleanse deceived and defiled minds (Hebrews 9:14).
Disarm any plans of the enemy to “trick” or deceive.
“While evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of” (2 Timothy 3:13-14).
- Declare God’s righteous boundaries that prevent deception from entry (Psalm 101:7).
- Renounce (refuse to recognize) and cancel any threats of harm or false accusations sent to cause damage or ill-will (Acts 4:29).
- Pray that communications of the enemy would be confused and canceled (Psalm 55:9-10) and counter negative words spoken with the promises of God (2 Corinthians 10:2-6).
Declare that the light of Truth will dispel any darkness and expose the lies.
“I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness” (John 12:46).
- Pray that self-proclaimed witches and Satanists would encounter Jesus (Acts 8:12-13).
- Pray that counterfeits would be exposed bringing the fear of the Lord (Acts 19:14-17).
- Pray that every evil practice would collide with Truth and Life (Acts 8:4-8).
Speak God’s blessings and protection over transportation and communication lines.
“You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you” (Deuteronomy 28:6-7).
- Pray protection over city streets and citizens young and old (Psalm 121:7-8).
- Pray that the Spirit of truth would be proclaimed and heard (John 16:13-14).
- Bless the roadways and highways with the holiness of God (Isaiah 35:8-10).
Pray for the Word of God and message of the cross to be shared with power.
“(They) began to argue with Stephen. But they could not stand up against the wisdom the Spirit gave him as he spoke” (Acts 6:9-10).
- Pray for boldness to declare the truth of the gospel (Acts 4:31).
- Pray for opportunities to reach non-believers (Acts 17:16-17).
- Pray for oneness of spirit in the community of believers (Acts 18:9-10).
Thank God for His delivering power in defeating all His enemies.
“The Lord says to my lord: ‘Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’” (Psalm 110:1).
- Thank the Lord for the angelic host who work on our behalf (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10).
- Thank God for the battle that has already been won (John 16:33).
- Praise Him for the victory that is already ours (1 Corinthians 15:57).
Totally off the chain perfect timing.
We celebrate the Light of the World.
Your words are filled with such life, ADONAI Tzva’ot teaches us His Way, YHWH.
Dear Wanda, Thank you for this wonderful prayer guide, i will use it tomorrow and Tuesday. On Monday night i lead a national prayer call and we will use these prayer points. Bless you Renee Fortin firstname.lastname@example.org 207-795-6927
Thank you for preparing and posting these points.
greetings from Bermuda, I will use your guide to share with the church to be on the alert during this season
Amen and amen. Slalom. Peace be with you. May God richly bless you and make His face shine upon you.
Thank you very much. I was looking for prayer points for our school prayer meeting tomorrow. God bless you