One of our intercessors at Intercessors for America sent us this dream a few days ago and we believe it is a call to pray for President Trump as he continues to confront corruption and evil intent in the high places of our government.
In the dream, this intercessor saw President Trump preparing to speak at an event and waiting inside the house of a woman who was down-trodden and poor. Parts of this house were being remodeled as it was in shambles. The room he sat in wasn’t being fixed up and was horrible and dirty.
In the dream, this intercessor began to clean out the trash in a corner of the room when she found a “slipper” – a “house shoe.” It was torn from top to bottom and smelled awful. When she looked inside, there was flesh still in it and it looked like someone pulled their foot out, leaving their flesh behind. There were maggots crawling all over it. “In disgust, I threw it down hurriedly and it flipped toward the feet of the President. I ran over and got it and threw it outside and away from him. During this entire ordeal, President Trump was sitting alone in that room reading a paper and did not seem to be affected by any of this.”
We ask you to pray into this as the Holy Spirit reveals God’s purposes. I would propose to you that the symbolism in the dream represents the “swamp” that Trump is trying to clean out. The “house” that he is waiting in refers to the underlying structures of the “swamp.” The “flesh” found inside this “house shoe” could represent those sin and flesh issues that have made this place of government corrupt, thus drawing evil forces (“maggots”). Those who have served in this place have left a stench that needs to be cleared out.
Of even greater concern is the fact that these “house slippers” tried to get on President Trump. I believe this is the focus of our prayers. We know a tactic of the enemy is to find a weakness or crack in someone’s armor in order to attack and take hold. We must pray for President Trump to strengthen his own heart and soul in order to deflect any attempt of the enemy to take hold of him and cause him to “slip” in his walk. We must also pray that he becomes aware of these spiritual attacks and not dismiss them prematurely (in the dream he was alone and totally unaware of what was happening). The fact that Trump was even willing to sit in this crumbling house is telling.
Realizing that this can all be subjective in nature, we ask that you simply pray into this and ask the Lord to reveal His purposes in this regard. We know that President Trump needs prayer. We know that God is cleaning “house” and that enemy forces are seeking to devour and destroy us. I encourage you to use these scriptures to lift up our president and those he works with in this season of clean-up:
- Pray that President Trump would be aware of the enemy’s schemes (Rom 16:17-18, 2 Cor 2:11; 11:3-4).
- Pray that President Trump would put on the armor of God to withstand enemy attack (Eph 6:10-20, 2 Pet 1:2-4).
- Pray that President Trump would not be swayed by flattering or deceitful schemes (2 Pet 2:3, Rom 16:17-18).
- Pray for those around President Trump to rightly watch out for him and stand with him (Prov 4:23, Matt 26:39-41).
- Pray for the Trump household, that God’s presence would overshadow relationships and family connections (Prov 4:23, 1 Cor 13:4-8, Col 3:12-14).
- Bless the Lord for the work He is doing in cleaning out corruption in high places (2 Chron 19:7, Is 61:8, Rom 2:8-11).